Sunday, January 2, 2011

I am 100% loved!!!


Did you know God has favorites? No really he does. They are not who you think they are though. There's that pregnant teenage one .... no not just the one in the nativity scene .... every pregnant teenage girl - tattooed and pierced or not - they are his favorites. The goodie-two-shoes and the never gonna be good enough. The young and thin and beautiful, the not. The broken and the hurting and the ones who seemingly got it all together. The ones who were forced into sinful situations and the ones who walked in willingly. His favorites include all of us. Wait a minute - How can everyone be his favorite? I dunno, but he's God so he can have everyone his favorite if he wants.

He takes the broken, bitter and bad and makes them beautiful. You can fight him if you want but he loves you just the same. "I know the plans I have for you," He whispers as you fight him to get your own way. "I love you and I have called you mine. I have good plans for you that are not for destruction but for good." Don't run away, don't push past, only believe that his love covers it all (and all means all) and he loves you now. He is not put off by your mess, its funny that a perfect God is not hung up by your imperfectness.

Because of Jesus I am - and you are - 100% loved and worthy to receive all of God's blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment